Monday, July 5, 2010

Saraj-evo-ti-sve

So guys.

This is it.

I'm here - arrived in Sarajevo yesterday morning at sleepy 6am - in the midst of Bosnia's cultural centre, from eons before me and the more recent drama from the 90's.

Fuck, it is a COOL city. In two days, this city has delivered so much and all at my fingertips. Here's a short little spin on what I've experienced so far. I got into a cab yesterday and got completely ripped off, and taken to a hostel that I really didn't want to be in.

Little did I know at the time - I was mostly relying on my gut instinct (and I have to insert here that my gut is VERY confused at the moment with all the anxiety I've been feeling) but my leaving that first hostel was SO crucial.

I am now staying at Haris Youth Hostel - a place that was born post war, by a 15 year old (Haris - a year my junior)! This kid. Started. A. Hostel. From. Nothing. At. 15. And he had been here in this house his whole life and through the craziness that was the war.

I've had the enormous pleasure of hanging out with some local girls and guys that I met by accident at a music festival in Zagreb a few weeks ago.

I've met Haris' parents, who have now offered to help me find a place. I've gone and inspected an appartment which is very close to this hostel - situated about 15 minutes from the main old town square (bas carsija). Still have to look at a few places tomorrow, but it's all looking incredibly promising.

I've seen the most amazing sunset - overlooking Sarajevo - something that would be across the road if I take this first apartment.

I'll add more in my next entry about the emotional and anxiety ridden roller coaster ride that I've been experiencing. Also something I must get my head around before I can write about it.

Thanks for reading!

A small shout out to Dane for all of your support, and to my family for their persistance with contacting me - I love hearing from all of you, and love YOU even more.

Emily Lois if you're out there - I miss your guts.

Thanks for reading!

Cao cao for now :-)

Sej xo

P.S. 'evo ti sve' means 'you can have everything' - that little punn's for you Laura Harris xoxoxx

1 comment:

  1. that's sweet you total strawberry. I can't wait to see you in October. Only 9 weeks woaaa xoxo

    ReplyDelete